PDA

View Full Version : MVP: “Certain People” Are Responsible For TNA Not Being A “Solid Alternative” To WWE

Kemo
01-04-2016, 05:41 PM
Former WWE and TNA star MVP was recently a guest on the Sam Roberts Wrestling Podcast to discuss various subjects. He spoke at length about the difference between WWE and TNA, and has a theory about why TNA is not a “solid secondary alternative” to WWE right now. Here’s what he had to say:

“There is no competition and I don’t want to sound mean or to take the piss out of [TNA], but WWE has no competition,” MVP said. “You can have alternatives to [WWE], but there is no competition. In my opinion, certain people in managerial roles at TNA leave a lot to be desired and that’s the reason TNA is in the situation it’s in right now. They’ve been around for 13 years. At this point, they should be a solid secondary alternative to WWE [and] well in the black, but they’re not.”

MVP also touched base on Chris Jericho’s career turn from wrestler to recording artist, saying:

“I’m more inspired by what Chris Jericho has done with Fozzy because you’ve heard some of my hip hop and my songs. I’m 42 [years old] and before it gets to be too late, I want to start my own hardcore band. Yeah, I want to front my own band and I’ve got songs that I wrote years ago and that’s a project that I’ve really been thinking about a lot lately that doesn’t take much to do.”