PDA

View Full Version : Luke Rockhold Says He’ll Fight Anyone At UFC 198 Or UFC 200, But Not UFC 199

Kemo
01-06-2016, 06:55 PM
New UFC middleweight champion Luke Rockhold is looking at fight at either UFC 198 or UFC 200, but not UFC 199. He explained why on MMAjunkie Radio:

“I would say (I want to fight in) May, June or July, but UFC 200 would be cool,” Rockhold told MMAjunkie Radio. “I don’t want to be on UFC 199, I’ll tell you that. The hype for 200 will be so big it will take away from 199. Who wants to be on 199? I want to be on 198 or 200. That would be cool, even if I’m not main eventing.”

Rockhold says he doesn’t care who he faces for his first welterweight title defense, but did mentioned both Chris Weidman and Yoel Romero.

“It depends on what works out. Whatever,” Rockhold said. “If Weidman’s ready to go, we can do that. If Yoel is the fight they want, I’ll pretty much have to be a co-main event to somebody. It better be Ronda Rousey or Conor McGregor (in the headliner).”

Rockhold is currently on a five-fight winning streak, with an MMA record of 15-2.