PDA

View Full Version : Former WWE, WCW & TNA Writer: Roman Reigns Should Not Win The Royal Rumble

Kemo
01-07-2016, 08:12 AM
Former WWE Attitude Era, WCW, and TNA writer Ed Ferrara recently discussed some current events in WWE on the BS With CSR podcast. One topic was Roman Reigns, who will be defending his World Heavyweight Championship in the 30-man Royal Rumble match.

“If I’m writing the show Reigns isn’t winning, that’s for sure,” Ferrara said. “I’m not sure who I’d put over. I feel like Brock Lesnar has to be in the main event of WrestleMania. He’s their only legit monster who has a mystique that fans believe in. One of the main problems with the creative lately is the lack of unpredictability. I’m not sure how I would book it but I know Roman wouldn’t be going over so the fans would get that unpredictable finish.”

Ferrara described the process of writing the 30-man Rumble matches, from the perspective of the creative team. He credited Pat Patterson for being the man behind the bulk of the match.

“From my perspective it was easy. We knew who was going over and how, because that was our ticket to WrestleMania. Other than that we booked a few spots and left everything else up to Pat Patterson,” Ferrara explained. “Pat would lay out the entire match.”

He mentioned some NXT performers who catch his eye as top prospects for WWE’s main roster in 2016. Here’s what he had to say:

“The first guys that jump off the page to me are Enzo and Cass,” said Ferrara. “The fact that they are so over and have so much personality they are ripe for the picking for the main roster. They’re kind of floating down in NXT right now because I think it is just a matter of time before they do come up.”

“I’d like to see Finn Balor come up because he’s not a 22-year-old kid. He needs to come up in his prime when he can make the most money he can. I love his presentation and his character. His work is unbelievable.”

Ferrara wrote for the WWF from 1998-1999, for WCW from 1999-2001, and for TNA in 2002, and then again from 2009-2010. He famously imitated Jim Ross as the character Oklahoma in WCW, and won the WCW Cruiserweight Championship.