PDA

View Full Version : Charlotte On John Cena’s Injury Being An Opportunity, Preferring To Be A Heel & More

Kemo
01-14-2016, 05:16 PM
As noted, WWE Divas Champion Charlotte recently appeared on her fathers podcast, “WOOOOO! Nation with Ric Flair” and spoke about her desire to rid WWE of the term “Divas” and bring back the old WWE Women’s Championship in place of the current belt. Below are some more highlights from the interview where she talks about her favorite wrestlers growing up, Vince McMahon pairing her with her father and more.

On who her favorite wrestlers were when she was a kid:

“I think Sting and Macho Man were my favorites [and] obviously Dusty was a favorite. And then, I guess my dad calls them ‘crushes’, I liked some of the guys when I was in high school and then I just never really thought about it in college.”

On who came up with the idea to pair her with Ric Flair on WWE TV:

“I think it was Vince’s idea. I think the idea was, ‘what could people at home relate to?’ and they can relate to a father/daughter relationship.”

On being more accustomed to being a heel after being a heel for most of her NXT run and having a tagline such as “genetically superior”:

“In NXT, I was a heel for the majority of NXT television and the babyface transition just kind of happened because I had dropped the [NXT Women’s Championship] title and I think the fans had kind of [grown] to respect me, so that’s kind of what made me the babyface. And then, debuting me on the main roster, from where I left off on NXT, I think it was challenging for me. Don’t get me wrong. I love being a babyface, but with my size, it’s not that I’m so much bigger than the other girls, but I find it easier to play that more dominant role. And also, the character itself, when you’re calling yourself ‘genetically superior’, I find that hard to be endearing.”

On John Cena’s injury and absence from WWE being an opportunity for others:

“In NXT, I was a heel for the majority of NXT television and the babyface transition just kind of happened because I had dropped the [NXT Women’s Championship] title and I think the fans had kind of [grown] to respect me, so that’s kind of what made me the babyface. And then, debuting me on the main roster, from where I left off on NXT, I think it was challenging for me. Don’t get me wrong. I love being a babyface, but with my size, it’s not that I’m so much bigger than the other girls, but I find it easier to play that more dominant role. And also, the character itself, when you’re calling yourself ‘genetically superior’, I find that hard to be endearing.”