PDA

View Full Version : Ronda Rousey Claims She Will Fight In 2016, Still Wants Rematch With Holly Holm

Kemo
01-19-2016, 06:37 PM
Former UFC Women’s Bantamweight Champion Ronda Rousey spoke to TMZ this past weekend about the recent news regarding her asking the UFC for more time off, which led to the UFC signing current UFC Women’s Bantamweight Champion Holly Holm vs. Miesha Tate instead of waiting for Holm vs. Rousey II.

Rousey told TMZ that she plans to fight before the end of the year. As noted, she asked the UFC for additional time off, as Dana White announced that she would not be fighting at the landmark UFC 200 event in July as they had originally hoped.

“Some time later in the year,” Rousey told TMZ. “They haven’t told me an exact date or location or anything yet.”

Despite having time off from her “day job” as a professional MMA fighter for the UFC, Rousey has a busy schedule as she will be hosting Saturday Night Live this weekend and currently has two movies scheduled heading into the summer.

As noted this past weekend, Universal has purchased the rights to “Do Nothing Bitches,” with Rousey and Tina Fey attached for the movie based off of Rousey’s infamous catchphrase, which she made famous via an episode of UFC 190 Embedded.

Despite the loaded Hollywood schedule, Rousey insists she plans to not only continue fighting, but do so at some point before the calendar year is up.

“It’s a decision we’re all gonna make together, but I’m kind of waiting to hear from them what options they’re gonna give me,” Rousey said.

According to Rousey, she still fully intends to fight UFC Women’s Bantamweight Champion Holm in an immediate rematch for her next fight, as long as “The Preacher’s Daughter” can get past “Cupcake” Tate in the co-main event of UFC 197 in March.

“Of course,” said Rousey. “That’s what I want to do.”

You can find the video of her comments here:
http://www.tmz.com/videos/0_20j8owqx