PDA

View Full Version : Video: Road Dogg Explains How WWE Saved His Life

Kemo
01-19-2016, 10:23 PM
oigDOFHKT5Y

WWE producer Brian “Road Dogg” James appeared on Legends with JBL last night on the WWE Network after RAW. On the show, he discussed his battles with addiction and credited the WWE with saving his life.

“People can say what they want, I’m toeing the line and I’m a company man and all that, but this company literally saved my life,” Roadd Dogg explained. “They sent me to rehab four or five times on their dime.”

James, who currently works alongside Triple H backstage in WWE, says the rehab program The McMahons sent him to taught him how to live without drugs or alcohol.

“There wasn’t a spiritual revelation or anything, I just didn’t want to live like that anymore,” Road Dogg continued, “and then I found out if you work this program, in recovery, you don’t have to live like that anymore.”

As far as his demons effecting the success he could’ve had in the wrestling business, James says he’s looking to the future and not the past. He referenced Adam Sandler’s 1998 movie The Waterboy to help make his point:

“If I dwell on the negative of that, then I’m aiming towards a bar or pills,” James said of lost opportunities in the ring. “If you saw The Waterboy with Bobby Boucher, if I use that past as tackling fuel to attack my sobriety, then it becomes a strong asset instead of a negative past.”