PDA

View Full Version : british legal system

AFC1986
09-30-2006, 12:20 PM
i was reading the sun newspaper this morning and i read an article about a sex offender who was originally jailed for nine months because he sexually assaulting two eight-year-olds. the judge who took the court case has ruled the nine months will now be suspended because the offender suffered stress of his own. who gives a damn if he has suffered distress. i daren't think the distress that the victims and their families have gone through. our legal system is so poor it actually lets criminals get away with their crimes as putting them in prison could actually breach the criminal's human rights. this country is so bad now that it looks like the only way criminals get put in prison is for murder, and even then they're released from prison after 6 months.

i'm glad to get that out of my system as this has annoyed me since i read the article this morning

gymdude48
11-19-2006, 12:32 AM
because he got stress of his own he gets away so he can do it agian. what a terrible system

TheTruePredator
12-03-2006, 08:55 PM
what a load of crap:

oh i know im stressed at uni lots of work to do lets go rape someone

Y 2 Jake
01-19-2007, 05:24 PM
They give child abuser's and rapist's such pathetic sentence's. If you're one of the people with that sort of messed up mentality, you probably think it's worth risking getting caught.

Will
01-19-2007, 06:35 PM
We have the same problem in the states. Dateline runs a show called "to catch a predator" where they pretend to be young girls online and set up meetings with overage guys. They have caught a couple guys twice and most people they catch (over 2/3) say that they thought there was a good chance that it was a setup but they still went. That is a clear sign that they are not worried about the possible "punishments". I'm really afraid of what our system is going to be like for the next generation. We just keep letting it get worse as time goes on.

XXKSXX
01-22-2007, 06:30 PM
IMO I think all child abusers should be put in front of a firing squad and killed. No matter what country they live in.

Will
01-23-2007, 10:03 AM
IMO I think all child abusers should be put in front of a firing squad and killed. No matter what country they live in.

I like the way you think.

Joe
01-24-2007, 06:44 PM

I wouldnt give them the satisfaction of death, a long and slow death in many many life sentences in Prison would be more fitting, see how they survive being child abusers there and have to live with what they have done.

Will
01-24-2007, 07:05 PM
I wouldn't give them the satisfaction of death, a long and slow death in many many life sentences in Prison would be more fitting, see how they survive being child abusers there and have to live with what they have done.

You make a very good point, except for the fact that,in America, child abusers are separated from the rest of the prisoners for their own safety. We should throw them into the general population and let them suffer in the same way their victims did.

XXKSXX
01-24-2007, 07:06 PM
Thats just it they really don't care what they did and they think it's all right to do it. Thats the part that pisses me off the most. I could think of many ways that I would like to get rid of them. But firing squad is pretty good that way u can just get rid of them. But u are right prison for life would be ok to that way they can become someones bitch. lol

bigtic
01-30-2007, 12:26 AM
yea itz not rly as different as it in the US

XXKSXX
02-02-2007, 02:56 PM
The thing I don't get is how someone could actually bring them selves to do that to a little kid.

Will
02-02-2007, 08:32 PM
The thing that I don't get the most is how they can have no remorse afterwards. How a person can violate a small child, and keep going with their normal lives as if nothing happened, seems unimaginable to me.

XXKSXX
02-03-2007, 03:14 PM
^ I agree, it's like they think it's normal and there's nothing normal about it.