PDA

View Full Version : Jim Ross Blog: Triple H Winning The Royal Rumble, AJ Styles’ WWE Debut & More

Kemo
01-25-2016, 07:55 PM
WWE Hall of Famer Jim Ross has updated his blog, which you can read in its entirety at JRsBarBQ.com. Here are some highlights of what JR wrote about Sunday night’s WWE Royal Rumble pay-per-view:

AJ Styles’ WWE Debut:

“AJ Styles had a terrific debut and made an memorable debut into the world of WWE. Styles is a money ball player and his future in WWE should be bright based on what WWE mgmt saw and heard Sunday night.”

On Dean Ambrose vs. Kevin Owens:

“Really enjoyed the Ambrose-Owens fight that started the show and set the bar HIGH for all to follow especially when it comes to the use of ‘props’ and other familiar ‘gimmicks.’ The two worked their ass off, and I have great respect for hard work and passion. Unfortunately many fans had rather bitch and moan about creative direction and not acknowledge the talent’s intense, in ring work. I might have considered switching the US Title bout with the Last Man Standing match in the lineup but that’s hindsight.”

Triple H Winning The Royal Rumble To Become WWE Champion:

“Overall I enjoyed the Royal Rumble show from start to finish. I embraced the work ethic and the lack of count out and disqualification finishes. Creative is always subjective and perhaps even more in today’s marketplace than at any other time in the business thanks to social media. That being said, have no issue with WWE setting up a potential HHH vs. Roman Reigns WWE Title Bout at Wrestlemania Texas where I’d expect Reigns to get the ‘ultimate moment’ at the 32nd edition of the biggest event in the genre.

The fact that HHH did not ‘cheat’ to eliminate either Reigns or Dean Ambrose has some fans perplexed, but I’d encourage all to wait and see how this plays out and to remember that it’s not overly healthy to get too upset at pro wrestling creative. Just saying.”