PDA

View Full Version : Batista Turns Down Second WrestleMania 32 Offer

Kemo
02-03-2016, 07:12 PM
WWE is still pursuing Batista for an appearance at WrestleMania. We first reported in January that Batista had declined an offer to wrestle a match, and now WWE is pitching him non-wrestling roles for the big pay-per-view.

When Batista was backstage visiting at last week’s SmackDown taping in Tampa, where he lives, he had a meeting with Vince McMahon. PWInsider reports that Vince pitched Batista a special guest referee role for WrestleMania 32, which Batista also turned down. The referee role was reportedly for Roman Reigns vs. HHH. There’s no word on if WWE plans to have someone else fill the role of guest referee for the WrestleMania match.

Back in November, Batista stated that during his last WWE run, he was “constantly butting heads with them creatively.” In an interview to promote 007 Spectre, the wrestler-turned-actor says WWE’s creative direction made the fans rebel against him.

“I’m the worst babyface ever,” Batista explained, “but I’m a good heel, I know how to be a heel, I’m comfortable being a heel and the fans want me to be a heel. But they tried to shove me down everybody’s throats, and they rebelled. They are not idiots and they don’t like it and they don’t want it. So, it just makes them rebel more.”

The former WWE champ also recalled another negative experience he had with the company, where a cameraman wouldn’t call Batista by his name. Batista will be filming the second Guardians of the Galaxy movie for Marvel over the next few months.