PDA

View Full Version : Former WWE Rival Ryback Takes Shot At CM Punk After His UFC Debut Gets Delayed Again

Kemo
02-11-2016, 03:21 PM
Some people forgive, but never forget. That is the case as it relates to CM Punk’s former WWE on-air and off-air rival Ryback, who appeared to take joy in sticking it to Punk following the news that his UFC debut is getting pushed back again.

Ryback (Ryan Reeves) took to social media on Wednesday, giving a receipt to the man who has publicly ripped into him for his “unsafe” style of work inside the ring in the past. He posted a tweet in response to the announcement made on Wednesday regarding CM Punk’s UFC debut being delayed once again due to back surgery, effectively kicking Punk while he’s down by including a line that Punk used on him during an alleged behind-the-scenes incident in WWE in the past.

“Either you’re doing it on purpose and you suck, or you’re dumb as f*ck. Which is it?,” Punk claimed to have asked Ryback when describing the incident on an episode of “The Art of Wrestling” podcast released shortly after it was first publicly announced that Punk had signed with the UFC.

According to Punk, Ryback had a history of being careless with him in the ring, something that resulted in Punk getting lumped up — and even injured — on multiple occasions during his final few years in WWE.

It was at that point that Punk reportedly forced Ryback to say the line that would come back to bite him on the butt this week, as he apparently insisted that Ryback tell him that “he sucks and he’s doing it on purpose” or that he is “dumb as f*ck.” According to Punk’s version of the story, Ryback replied in a dejected manner, “I’m dumb as f*ck.”

“The Big Guy” was likely anything but dejected when getting the opportunity to re-deliver the line to Punk in a Twitter response posted by the WWE Superstar on Wednesday.

“CM Punk, my bad. It was an accident,” Ryback wrote on Twitter. “I’m dumb as f*ck.”

As seen below, Ryback ended his tweet with a sarcastic “kissy-face” emoticon, indicating that he was taking pleasure in redelivering the line to Punk.

The opponent for CM Punk’s Octagon debut was made official this past weekend, as UFC newcomer Mickey Gall defeated Mike Jackson at UFC Fight Night 82 to officially become the man who will introduce the former pro wrestler to the MMA world. However with Punk suffering another injury, when that introduction will take place is once again up in the air as he won’t be ready for the fight in time for a spot on the UFC 199 card in June or UFC 200 event in July, both of which had been discussed as potential dates for the fight.

cmpunk My bad it was an accident "I'm dumb as f&€#" 😘

— The Big Guy (@Ryback22) February 11, 2016