PDA

View Full Version : Chris Weidman’s Coach Says He Had Fractured Foot Going In To UFC 194

Kemo
02-16-2016, 06:03 PM
SY_gvcfzBnQ

Chris Weidman’s coach Ray Longo recently said he feels his fighter shouldn’t have competed the night of UFC 194. Weidman suffered the only loss in his career so far to Luke Rockhold in December at the event. Longo revealed to ESPN.com that Weidman had a fractured foot in two places while preparing for the fight.

“If you want to know the truth, he was banged up. He had a fractured foot in two places. We tried to work around it, but I think mentally it had an effect on him, because he wasn’t able to push the cardio the right way… He has fought with injuries before. I’ve seen this guy walk through fire before – but as his coach, I feel bad. Maybe I should have been more vocal about this or that. You can’t make excuses. His teammate, Aljamain Sterling, was banged up going into his fight on Dec. 11 and he won. So, you never know. If you decide to fight, what can you do during camp? Put a boot on him, so someone takes a picture and he’s walking around in a boot? He didn’t wear one. It’s a nightmare. And these guys are my friends, so I’m in a weird spot sometimes. You basically have to tell them they’re not doing it.”

UFC President Dana White is planning a rematch between Rockhold and Weidman for this June.

the madscotsman
02-17-2016, 01:55 PM
What ever happened to "You where the better man, but next time: I'm taking my title back."