PDA

View Full Version : Donald “Cowboy” Cerrone Writes Apology To Reebok

Kemo
02-16-2016, 06:03 PM
Donald “Cowboy” Cerrone has written a public apology to Reebok for violating the UFC’s uniform deal with the outfitter. Cerrone took responsibility for his fine from Reebok, after he modified his official Reebok gear with a patch during his UFC lightweight title fight with Rafael dos Anjos at UFC on FOX 17.

Here’s what Cerrone had to say:

“I need to step up and own that because I wasn’t a victim. It’s not like [UFC President] Dana [White] and the UFC and Reebok – I wasn’t a victim,” he told MMAjunkie. “I knew fair well that I was not allowed to wear that, and I knew I was going to get fined if I did. So I need to put that out there and say that I willingly knew I was [going to get fined], I just didn’t know it was going to be that much. You know what I’m saying? It was a lot. I figured a couple grand, sure, I’ll take the fine. It’s worth it for me. So I guess when I tweeted it out and said that Reebok took my money, it made them look guilty like I was a victim and it was their fault, when really, I knew before I did it, right? You get what I’m saying? I did it anyway, and then I got fined, and then I made it seem like, ‘Reebok’s f***ing me.’ And really, I f***ed myself.”

Cerrone is scheduled to fight Alex Oliveira at UFC Fight Night 83 on February 21.