PDA

View Full Version : Austin Compares Daniel Bryan To Bret Hart, Says Bryan’s Retirement Made Him Emotional

Kemo
02-19-2016, 08:36 PM
WWE Hall of Famer “Stone Cold” Steve Austin recently spoke on Daniel Bryan’s retirement and admitted that Bryan’s retirement speech brought a tear in his eye. On a recent episode of his podcast The Steve Austin Show, The Texas Rattlesnake discussed his thoughts on the now-retired Bryan.

Austin said Bryan is a sure fire Hall of Famer because he knocked it out of the park every time he stepped in the ring, could work any style and connected with the crowd like we haven’t seen in years. He then explained why Daniel Bryan’s career reminds him of Bret Hart for both his in-ring work as well as other political forces at work.

“From what I’ve seen out of him, it’s just bad ass work. He tells a great story, sells his ass off, makes everything look good, goes through great sequences, great psychology. He’s the real deal,” Austin said. “Daniel Bryan’s run kind of reminds me to a similar degree, or just the way he presented himself almost in a vein, he was a smaller version of Bret Hart because Bret was never really going to be the chosen guy. All of a sudden, he got the opportunity and he was an understated guy, wasn’t over the top. I always liked Bret Hart’s promos. He felt he was a little weak in them. One of the greatest workers in the history of the business. And finally he got his time.”

“He got his just due, and all of a sudden, that was the transition of the bigger guys [to] the guys that could really work, [and it] opened the door for guys like Shawn Michaels and so Daniel Bryan, just his persistence, his determination, and the fact that he was consistent every single time he went out there, he delivered and it’s fine to see the big guys with the charisma going through their stuff because everybody wants to see the heavyweights clash, but also, people want to see bad ass wrestling and to me that’s what Daniel was all about.”