PDA

View Full Version : Paige Says The Divas Butterfly Belt Sucks, But The Term Diva Means A Lot To Her

Kemo
02-21-2016, 06:20 AM
Paige appeared at the Portland Comic Con event this weekend and shared her thoughts about WWE’s Divas Championship belt. Many WWE and NXT women’s wrestlers have been very outspoken about the belt, expressing universal disdain for the “butterfly” championship belt. Some have also taken issue with the ‘Divas’ terminology itself, which has a negative connotation and doesn’t exactly represent the “championship wrestler” that WWE’s female competitors strive to be.

Paige thinks the current WWE Divas Championship belt “sucks” but takes pride in what it means to be a WWE Diva, something that is different than working for companies like TNA.

“As much as before I came here I was like ‘I wanna change that,’” She said, “When you think about a WWE Diva, you think of us girls in WWE, not like the girls that are in the indies, the girls in TNA or in other different companies. So yeah, the word Diva means a lot to me. Just redesign the Diva belt, because that butterfly sucks.”

Many have lobbied for WWE to retire the Divas Championship and resurrect the WWE Women’s Championship.