PDA

View Full Version : Jim Ross’s New Boxing Play By Play Gig Officially Announced

Kemo
02-24-2016, 01:10 AM
NTOLM7Q58Fw

While Jim Ross had said last week that he would be calling boxing soon on CBS Sports Network, those were all of the details that he gave. Today, he officially announced the details as part of a press conference in Las Vegas (embedded above), which was covered by the Associated Press: Ross is going to be the play by play announcers for “Knockout Night at the D,” a a series of cards from the Downtown Las Vegas Event Center. The first show will be March 12th with Zab Judah vs. Josh Torres in the 10-round junior welterweight title main event.

Ross explained to the AP that “I can’t overnight become a boxing expert. There will be learned boxing fans, longtime fans, that are going know infinitely more about boxing than I do, and I have no problem with that. My strengths are storytelling and getting you to know the fighter, and then bringing that spontaneity, that voice that cuts through the clutter.” Color commentator Al Bernstein added that “Jim is an iconic broadcaster who comes from a different kind of telecast, but has already shown in brief forays into boxing [with Golden Boy Promotions on Fox Sports 1] that he is well studied and very respectful of the sport.”