PDA

View Full Version : Finn Balor On What Sets WWE & NXT Apart From All Other Promotions

Kemo
02-26-2016, 04:31 PM
DG9HdtvUUz0

NXT Champion Finn Balor recently appeared on PROGRESS Wrestling’s PROGCast and spoke about British wrestling, NXT and more. The 34-year-old spoke about the ‘European connection’ at the WWE Performance Center, including trainers William Regal and Robbie Brookside. Balor put Brookside over in a big way, stressing his contributions to the developmental process.

“Whoever made the decision to bring in Robbie Brookside is a very, very smart man because they’re thinking long term. Long term. I cannot put over Robbie Brookside enough. Obviously his knowledge for the business is unbelievable, but just having him there as a person at the Performance Center, his positivity.”

He continued joked: “Every morning I walk in, you might be, y’know down in the dumps and Robbie Brookside is there greeting you with a smile, you can’t help but smile, it’s infectious. I really am very lucky to have Robbie there.”

Balor has wrestled all around the world, but spent significant time in Japan prior to signing with WWE. Balor said he was completely caught off guard by how different the WWE Styles is to that in Japan. “I didn’t think there was going to be a difference. I thought: ‘Yeah, I’ll just turn up, it’ll be fine. I’ll just do my thing, just do it – just get out there, start throwing chops, throwing kicks left, right and centre and it’ll be grand. I’ll shoot it.’ It is totally different.”

WWE did not become the global juggernaut it is without putting forward a polished, professional product. Balor quickly learned that the WWE style involves telling a story and playing to the crowd, more so than any other promotion out there. “I think it is different for the better and it has made me a more complete talent, it has made me a more complete performer and very much more aware of what I’m doing in the ring than I was before,” he said.

“Before I was doing things for myself – but now I’m doing it for the audience because essentially, this is for the audience’s consumption, and if they can’t see what I’m doing, what’s the point in doing it? So I’m going to try and get the very most out of everything I do in the ring, if I’m going to do it.”

IsHGNhhKyRE