PDA

View Full Version : Jim Ross Thinks Chances Of WrestleMania In The UK Are “Greater Than Before”

Kemo
02-27-2016, 05:11 PM
WWE Hall of Famer Jim Ross feels that the implementation of the WWE Network will allow for the company to hold more major events overseas. Ross recently spoke with The Huffington Post to promote his new job as the color commentator of New Japan Pro Wrestling on AXS TV.

When asked if we’ll ever see a WrestleMania held from the United Kingdom, Ross said:

“I don’t have a definite answer, but I have an opinion, and I think as the WWE continues to give more dependence on their network for all the product disruption, I think the chances increase every year that this will happen,” said Ross.

“There’s no doubt that the WWE Wrestlemania event could sell out any stadium in the country. I’m not saying that in an egocentric way, that is my opinion. They did it before with Summerslam years ago and as Gorilla Monsoon would say, the fans were hanging from the rafters!"

Previously, the time zone difference and the logistics of the start time have been the main reasons WWE has not held WrestleMania from the UK, one of the company’s strongest foreign markets. Now that WWE controls their own distribution platform, he thinks it could very well happen one day. “I am beginning to believe that there is a greater chance than before it is going to happen,” he said.