PDA

View Full Version : Kurt Angle Wants To Reform Team Angle In WWE With Jordan & Gable

Kemo
02-28-2016, 05:17 PM
Wrestling legend Kurt Angle appeared at the London Film And Comic Con event on Saturday and took part in a Q&A panel.

– Angle is still very interested in returning to WWE on a part-time basis. He even expressed interest in a Team Angle reboot, with him leading NXT tag team American Alpha (Jason Jordan and Chad Gable). He said this would allow him to have a prominant role on WWE television, elevate Jordan & Gable and he would only wrestle occasionally on pay-per-view.

– He named Chris Benoit as the best wrestler he ever worked with.

– Angle very much wanted to wrestle Daniel Bryan in WWE, but he knows Bryan’s doctor and was told Bryan wasn’t healing like he should have.

– He’s a fan of Roman Reigns, but understands why the crowd hasn’t accepted him. Like many, he feels that Reigns would be most successful at this time as a heel.

– During his first run with WWE, Vince wanted him to be a very serious character. He noted that Vince wanted him to shave his head from the very beginning. Angle put over former WWE writer Bryan Gerwitz as the guy who wrote his best comedy material.

Smartmark
02-28-2016, 08:20 PM
Kudos to Angle for daring to mention Benoit's name :)

Kemo
02-28-2016, 11:20 PM
I support this idea 100%! I'd love to see a reboot of Team Angle with American Alpha!:angle:

Smartmark
02-29-2016, 01:03 AM
Angle's last match at WM next year? Who should be his opponent? Dean Ambrose? Finn Balor? Kevin Owens?

Kemo
02-29-2016, 04:40 AM
Angle's last match at WM next year? Who should be his opponent? Dean Ambrose? Finn Balor? Kevin Owens?

The only legitimate answer is Brock Lesnar.

Smartmark
02-29-2016, 12:13 PM
^^ Nobody wants to see that. They've already had a WM match against each other

Kemo
02-29-2016, 04:07 PM
^^ Nobody wants to see that. They've already had a WM match against each other

Really? That was 13 years ago!

But, nobody would want to see a two-time NJCAA All-American, the 1998 NJCAA Heavyweight Champion, two-time NCAA All-American, two-time Big Ten Conference Champion, 2000 NCAA Heavyweight Champion, with a record of 106–5 overall in four years of college...AND a former UFC Heavyweight Champion VS. a two-time National Collegiate Athletic Association Division I champion, three-time NCAA Division I All-American, 1987 USA Junior Freestyle champion, a two-time USA Senior Freestyle champion, and the 1988 USA International Federation of Associated Wrestling Styles Junior World Freestyle champion....OH, and Olympic Gold Medalist...

Yep. No one wants to see that. Let's just throw him up against a pro-wrassler......................................:dea dhorse:

Smartmark
02-29-2016, 10:33 PM
^^ As I said, Angle will always be one of my biggest favorites. Damn! He's #3 on my list over the greatest wrestlers ever, but he's to old to pull off a great match against Lesnar. The one thing I really remember from their last encounter is Lesnar's botched SSP from the top turnbuckle. A good match, but nothing spectacular.

Kemo
03-01-2016, 07:18 AM
^^ As I said, Angle will always be one of my biggest favorites. Damn! He's #3 on my list over the greatest wrestlers ever, but he's to old to pull off a great match against Lesnar. The one thing I really remember from their last encounter is Lesnar's botched SSP from the top turnbuckle. A good match, but nothing spectacular.

You're right that it wasn't spectacular, but I think Angle still has a little bit left in the gas tank.