PDA

View Full Version : Steve Austin Urges John Cena Not To Rush His Recovery From Shoulder Surgery

Kemo
02-29-2016, 07:30 PM
Defy critics. Defy logic. Defy "experts". Defy fatigue. Defy limitation. Defy fear. Obey passion. #Nevergiveup

— John Cena (@JohnCena) February 27, 2016

John Cena continues to rehabilitate his surgically-repaired shoulder in hopes of “defying science” and returning in time for WrestleMania 32. On last week’s episode of the Steve Austin Show, ‘ol Stone Cold urged Cena not to rush back too soon.

“I don’t know how long John would like to wrestle, but as long as he wants to, I wouldn’t rush to come back from injury too early because, man, that dude’s a stud in the gym.

His healing powers are phenomenal, but just don’t try to rush this thing back because it’s the shoulder and shoulders are tricky and it isn’t the time or place to try to jeopardize if you want another couple year run.”

Cena underwent surgery back on January 7th at the Andrews Sports Medicine and Orthopaedic Center in Birmingham, Alabama. Surgeon Dr. Jeffrey Dugas told WWE.com.

“He had a complete tear of a small portion of the rear rotator cuff tendon, the infraspinatus — toward the top-back of his shoulder — which I repaired. Also, there was a large piece of loose tissue in his shoulder that needed to be removed.”