PDA

View Full Version : Jim Ross Reveals Details On Being Fired For 2K Sports Panel With Ric Flair In 2013

Kemo
03-02-2016, 03:39 AM
bsI1N7qKIh0

On Friday’s episode of AXS TV’s The Voice Versus, Jim Ross discusses being released by WWE in 2013 after a Q & A panel with Ric Flair “went off the tracks.” The WWE Hall of Famer clarified that his departure from WWE in 2013 was in fact a firing, as opposed to the company letting his contract expire.

Ross said the panel had no producer or production meeting, and the talent was in the green room drinking before the event, which was a promotional symposium for 2K Sports. Additionally, Ric Flair was booked to speak there shortly after the death of his son Reid. Ross believes Flair had not yet healed from the loss at the time.

“[Flair] finds his son dead, cold, stiff, and that happened a few weeks before that, a few months or whatever, he had not healed. He needed to grieve. He probably needed grief counseling, to be honest with you,” Ross explained. “He got booked for the symposium for the video game, and unfortunately, I was the moderator.”

Ross took responsibility for the derailing, saying he was “steering the ship,” but didn’t think he should have been fired.

“I don’t think I should have been fired, they could have easily let my contract expire, and there I go,” Ross explained, “but Vince made it clear to his staff he was going to take care of this issue. He’s already told everybody he’s going to handle it, how can he keep face with his employees and his inner circle if he handles it by — what’s he going to do, scold me? […] He did what he had to.”

Jim Ross also makes it clear in the interview that he is in no way retired, despite WWE’s public announcements. The Voice Versus: Jim Ross airs this Friday, March 4 at 8 PM ET, followed by Ross’ NJPW commentary debut at 9 PM ET on AXS TV.

Here’s the video of the 2K Sports symposium featuring Ross and Flair:

2WHgfvsPEMo