PDA

View Full Version : Cris Cyborg Starts Push To Compete At UFC 198 In Brazil

Kemo
03-03-2016, 06:22 PM
For Invicta FC champion Cris “Cyborg” Justino, the chance to fight inside the world-famous Octagon in her native country of Brazil is a dream she has.

Now, with the UFC set to return to the country later this year for UFC 198, Justino is starting up an online push to secure a spot on the card.

“It has been almost 10 years since I last fought in my home country of Brazil. I am very lucky that over the last decade my Brazilian Fans have continued to support me and my career as I chased my dreams as a World Champion, while living and competing in America,” she wrote on her personal website. “This May the UFC will be promoting an event in my hometown of Curitiba Brazil, a city very rich in fight history. It would be an honor to return back to the city I was born in, and to step inside of the Octagon with an opportunity to prove myself as one of the best female fighters in the sport."

“I know that the UFC does not have my division, which is why I am asking my fans to help make this fight!”

Justino is signed under the Zuffa umbrella as she goes on to mention thanks to her contract with Invicta FC. She was rumored for a fight with Tonya Evinger, but those plans have been put aside for the time being.

“As many of you know I am already a ZUFFA Contracted Athlete despite fighting for Invicta. Let the UFC know you would like to see me fight at UFC Curitiba Brazil this May by letting your voice be heard on Social Media!” she continued. “Show your support by posting a picture using the Hashtags #CyborgNoUFCBrazil (Portuguese) #Cyborg2UFCBrazil (English) on your Instagram, Twitter, or Facebook . Once you have done this you will be automatically entered into an opportunity of a lifetime.”