PDA

View Full Version : ECW House Results -30th Sep 2006 (Loveland, Colorado)

Dangerous Incorporated
10-01-2006, 05:30 PM
ECW IN LOVELAND, COLORADO LIVE REPORT: SABU VS. TEST, NEW DEBUTS FOR THE BRAND & MORE

http://img104.imageshack.us/img104/8945/3005962gi6.jpg (www.ecw.com)

I don't know whether it was the fact that I was in the 2nd row, or that it was ECW (yes, WWECW, but still ECW) that made the show seem exciting, but the show was really rather good! It was a small crowd (Tommy Dreamer commented on there being 1300 "maniacs", but I would put the # of fans closer to 1000 or 1100.. the ring was set up in one end of the arena, about 1/3 onto the floor.. a curtain was draped across the center of the arena, and the rest of the arena was closed off (you couldn't get down there from the main concourse at all, they were blocked off and watched by arena staff).

What crowd was there seemed to be really into the event.. There were some rather humorous chants, from the obligatory "ECW, ECW" (and shouldn't it be E-C-W , and not E-C-Dub?) to ' We Want Tables' from the crowd.. The people to the right and in front of me ( I was in the 2nd row ringside) spent time before the matches into the first match talking about Kurt Angle and TNA, and how crazy he was to do it instead of getting healthy..

We were given the usual "don't tape this, and don't throw things in the ring' speech from the PA system, and then were informed that this was being recorded for future use (I don't know what they were taping with other than what looked to be a digital video camera near the sound/production table, there were no cameramen around the ring at all)

1st Match was Rodney Mack vs. Steven Richards.

an OK match, Stevie was the recipient of some good chants including "BWO" and "where's your blue shorts?".. Rodney Mack's just not very good in the ring at all, and man it's a good thing he didn't snag any of his jewelry (He had a ring in each ear, one between his nostrils, one in the lip, and one in his eyebrow.. Stevie Richards won the match.

2nd match was Eric Perez vs Al Snow- Al Snow was hilarious and spent about 5 minutes talking to/threatening to hit Eric Perez (who?) with Head. Eric Perez got in a lot more offense than I was expecting him to, and in the end got the pin on Al Snow. Afterwards, Al got on the house mic and had an argument with Head in the middle of the ring. He picked up head, slapped it around, gave it a pile-driver and an elbow, before grabbing it, and apologizing to head as he left the ring..

Next up was Matt Striker, who appeared at first to be trying to be genuinely interested in the fans- he introduced an edition of his 'classroom' in which he said his opponent had been at Wrestlemania, was immortal, and 'knew best'. A few fans stood up, thinking he was serious in that he had a guest... his 'guest' turned out to be himself, and he then ran down the crowd, and explained how he was doing a favor for his friend, Vincent Kennedy McMahon by being the emcee for an extreme vixen bikini contest. He introduced the two contestants, Francine (came out first, black skimpy bikini and red robe- I've never seen her in person before but she wears a bit too much makeup) and Trinity (who is DAMN HOT in person.) She had fishnet stockings on, a black bikini bottom, and what looked to be red caution/danger tape wrapped around her chest, protecting/keeping in the 'twins'. . Trinity was first to do her thing, and then while Francine was doing her part, Rene Dupree interrupted, saying that you couldn't have a best body contest w/o the sexiest wrestler in ECW.

Eventually Dupree attacked Trinity and Striker attacked Francine, bringing out Tommy Dreamer for the save. Dupree and Striker beat up on Dremer, which brought out the Sandman through the crowd. Striker and Dupree started to leave, and Tommy got on the house mic and talked about them debuting a team in Loveland CO, and that Sandman/Dreamer wanted to fight Dupree and Striker "right here, right now". This led to our next match.

3rd match was Tommy Dreamer and Sandman against Matt Stryker and Rene Dupree. Early in the match, during a spot where Tommy Dreamer and Sandman were stopping Stryker and Dupree from retreating through the curtain, Sandman appeared to trip/fall either in the curtain to the back or something immediately around there, because his throw of Striker into the ring was kind of weak, and he spent the rest of the match (prob. 10-15 min) massaging his hamstring/glute area (left leg) and seemingly was in a lot of pain, noticeably limping. After the match, Dreamer even came up to him and asked him if he was ok- Dreamer and Sandman brought 6 fans (2 women and 4 men) into the ring and had an ECW beer bash with them, giving each one a beer before leaving them in the ring and heading out to the crowd to drink w/ the fans in the crowd. it was a rather cool scene, and the fans seemed to really enjoy it.. Sandman limped backstage post beer bash- he may have hurt his hamstring/glute (a pull or a tear would be my guess) though..

The 4th Match was CM Punk vs. Mike Knox, accompanied by Kelly Kelly (Damn, she's hot in person- she can't do much of ANYTHING at ringside, from acting to getting some clapping going by smacking the mat (couldn't do it in rhythm), but with as attractive as she was in person? that's not a problem. she can look beautiful and not do too much else- the people around me (and me as well) had a little conversation about how little she can actually do, and her lack of dance skill was brought up.. Back to the match though- CM Punk is really good in person- there were a lot of CM Punk chants, and even some ROH chants. Mike Knox, while he comes across as kinda bad on TV, was rather good in this match- CM punk's finisher (a submission hold) looked rather weak honestly, from my perspective- but he still submitted Mike Knox. Interestingly enough, Kelly Kelly cheered a bit for CM punk during the match, and they played off of her being caught up/distracted while talking to him during the match, which angered Knox... A good match. CM punk was really over w/ the crowd.

Probably the best moment of the night was during this match- The WWE had two big JOHN CENA: THE MARINE, OPENS OCTOBER 13TH signs flanking either side of the wrestler's entrance. when CM Punk came out, and made his lap of the ring, he stopped and stared at the signs, then made a gesture and gave a look as if to say 'what a joke' and 'ahh, ok..' about ' The Marine' before getting into the ring.

We then had Intermission, which means pretzel and pop (I wasn't paying $5 for a beer in a plastic bottle...), where the ring announcer (Justin Roberts??) shilled for some merchandise.

After intermission, our 5th match was the FBI vs. the Bashams (eh, Paul Heyman's personal security.) PH's security did not want to take their riot helmets off, and for a minute I thought we might have them on during the match. This match drew a few boring chants, and was rather dry. PH's Security won the bout..

The next match was Kevin Thorne (with Ariel) against RVD. Kevin Thorne in person has a really great look to him (though he drew a few Mordecai chants from people around me), and Ariel... Well, let's say that she's really well endowed by her local plastic surgeon, and is more attractive in person as well than on TV. Kelly could take a few lessons from her on acting though- Ariel was great.. RVD was awesome- Several "RVD " chants started at various times, as did chants of "Whole F---ing show'... RVD won w/ the frog splash, and really was able to feed into the crowd well- I was able to slap hands w/ him after the match as he walked around ringside...

The Main event and final match was Test vs. Sabu in an Extreme Rules match- Sabu was, well, Sabu- and incredible... I've seen test before, and I was just as unimpressed with him now as I was then.. There were some "steroids", and "wellness policy" chants at Test during the match.. Sabu his his spots well during the match (including many with chairs- really cool.) and hit what someone referred to a ''triple' something (can you fill in the right name?), where he ran across the ring, jumped up from a chair to the top rope, than spun backwards onto Test. A great match, w/ both going through one table (test was being held at the time by Sabu), and multiple chair shots/spots- (the afore mentioned Sabu to the top rope spot and having his head rammed by test through the top and middle rope onto a chair was awesome!)

All in all, for my first WWECW show, it was awesome- If I had the chance, I'd go tomorrow night to Pueblo, Colorardo- but I'll wait for the next WWE or ECW trip ot the area..

CM Punk, RVD, and Sabu got the biggest pops of the night with Matt Stryker, Renee Dupree and Test getting the most heat..

Can't wait to see them again when they come through Colorado.,. WWE, Listen... Come back quickly!

The wrestlers who were announced on wwe.com as being there but who were not were Marty Jannetty, Hardcore Holly, and The Big Show.