View Full Version : Jon Jones On Daniel Cormier: “I Definitely Don’t Hate The Guy”

Kemo
03-15-2016, 08:44 PM
While the trash talk ahead of their UFC 197 rematch in April has been white-hot in terms of intensity, former UFC Light Heavyweight Champion Jon Jones claims he doesn’t hate the reigning 205-pound champion.

Jones spoke about his rivalry with Daniel Cormier during his recent appearance on The Tiki and Tierney Show.

Jones stated the following about his rivalry with D.C.:

“I definitely don’t hate the guy. We don’t like each other because we’re both really elite in our sport. We’re at the highest level you can get when it comes to being a UFC fighter. He’s only lost to me. I’ve never lost to anyone. So I know that he’s a capable guy [who could] possibly defeat me. He knows that I can defeat him because I’ve already done it. There’s just a competitiveness there that only we can bring out of each other. This guy consumes my mind all day long. Everything I do has been focused on him. I’ve been thinking about this guy over a year. Every single day I think about him.”

UFC 197: Cormier vs. Jones II is scheduled for April 23, 2016 at the MGM Grand Garden Arena in Las Vegas, Nevada.