PDA

View Full Version : Nate Diaz Defends McGregor Tapping Out: “There Was No Getting Out Of That”

Kemo
03-16-2016, 05:08 PM
Psx5ysLjqdg

Conor McGregor has recently been criticized for tapping out at UFC 196 in his fight against Nate Diaz. Diaz recently spoke with MMA Junkie about why McGregor shouldn’t be getting flak for tapping.

“If you’ve got to tap out, you’ve got to tap out,” Diaz told MMAjunkie. “I think Holly, she thought she was maybe going to get out. She had already gotten out of one (choke earlier in the fight) and she thought, ‘I’m not quitting.’ McGregor, he was (expletive) done. All the way done. It’s all right. He had to tap out because there was no getting out of that. I don’t think there’s anything wrong with tapping out.”

“It’s a fight against the best fighters in the world; you’ve got to tap to that (expletive),” Diaz said. “You ain’t getting out of it. You can tap out, or you can go to sleep. It’s (expletive) the same (expletive). You tap out if you’re caught. The thing is, that’s what I think, is don’t get caught.”

Diaz is rumored to be the next challenger for UFC lightweight champion Rafael dos Anjos later this year.