PDA

View Full Version : Sting Officially Retiring From The Ring, Diagnosis Revealed

Kemo
03-17-2016, 03:13 PM
DJEt1sDOBnk

Sting’s days as an in-ring competitor are over, according to TMZ Sports.

The 56-year-old wrestling icon was badly injured during his match against Seth Rollins back in September at Night of Champions. After meeting with several doctors regarding his condition, he was formally diagnosed with cervical spinal stenosis. It’s the same condition that forced Edge into retirement back in 2011.

Sting is expected to make the announcement at the 2016 WWE Hall of Fame ceremony. He’ll be inducted by his longtime rival, “Nature Boy” Ric Flair.

Big Evil
03-17-2016, 11:29 PM
Really sucks to see Sting have to retire from wrestling due to injury. The one thing I can say, though, is Sting had a long and illustrious career that even had a shining moment at Wrestlemania, despite Triple H needing to bury him. While Edge had a Hall of Fame career cut short due to his injuries, Sting was able do many memorable things in his career and definitely deserves the Hall of Fame nod the night before Wrestlemania. I just hope that his health will be good for him from here on out.

Smartmark
03-18-2016, 04:56 PM
They screwed up again LOLMAO. When they first managed to drag Sting to WWE, his only Wrestlemania match was against Trips and not Taker....

Kemo
03-18-2016, 05:02 PM
despite Triple H needing to bury him..

That was Vince's call. There was no way Vinnie was going to let WCW's hero come in and go over one of his guys.

Big Evil
03-19-2016, 03:23 AM
That was Vince's call. There was no way Vinnie was going to let WCW's hero come in and go over one of his guys.

You are probably right. Sad that Vince is so full of himself that he buries anyone who HE didn't create, or wasn't a product of his company pushing. Instead of doing what was right, he chose to stick it to WCW one more time.

Role Model
03-19-2016, 11:34 AM
Given the ugliness and severity of his neck injury, combined with his age, I am completely fine with this.

Smartmark
03-19-2016, 02:36 PM
You are probably right. Sad that Vince is so full of himself that he buries anyone who HE didn't create, or wasn't a product of his company pushing. Instead of doing what was right, he chose to stick it to WCW one more time.

Same way he did with ECW and the ECW Title... He pissed on ECW when he made himself the ECW champion, and after that, re-doing the plate on the title strap. Vince is full of it, and needs to go away soon..

Kemo
03-19-2016, 05:28 PM

You're absolutely right. I've read countless interviews where guys have said that about him.

Kage
03-19-2016, 07:33 PM
Another one shot down in his prime. Can't believe this.