PDA

View Full Version : Kurt Angle Talks About His TNA Departure, Possible WWE Return

Kemo
03-22-2016, 05:04 AM
Former WWE and TNA star Kurt Angle appeared on Sunday night’s Live Audio Wrestling over at FightNetwork.com. Here are some highlights:

– Angle said he left TNA because he simply needed a break. “I’ve been under contract for the past 17 years and didn’t have much time to spend with my family.”

– He was happy with his TNA run and felt like he doesn’t have anything left to prove. That said, he’s not retiring and plans to return to wrestling next year.

– Another reason he’s taking a break from wrestling is to focus on his acting career. “I signed with an agency, APA in Hollywood,” he said. “I’ve been doing some reads, just doing my own thing. I like it, it’s good to be off and not have to worry about showing up somewhere every week.”

– Regarding a WWE return, he’s taking a ‘wait and see’ approach. “I heard about [last week’s RAW from] Pittsburgh, I didn’t really watch but I heard they were chanting we want Angle. I saw a lot of tweets going out there, I do believe I started trending that night. I’m sure that was quite a surprise to WWE. I know that the fans wants me back, I understand. I had a great career there, it’s where I started and obviously a lot of people want me to finish there.”