PDA

View Full Version : Aldo Continues Calling Out McGregor In Hopes Of Rematch At UFC 200

Kemo
03-22-2016, 05:23 AM
Almost minutes after Nate Diaz choked out Conor McGregor at UFC 196 earlier this month, former UFC Featherweight Champion Jose Aldo began lobbying for a rematch against McGregor. With reports that McGregor-Diaz II is all but official for the UFC 200 main event in July, Aldo appears to be banging the McGregor-drum as loud as possible as a last-ditch effort to attempt to get the fight.

Aldo has been posting a number of tweets lately in an attempt to build-up interest in a second fight against McGregor. On Sunday night, he wrote and tagged the UFC President in a post that read: “#AldoMcGregor2 #UFC200. I’m waiting Dana White.”

On Monday, Aldo tried a different approach, but ultimately has the same goal.

“I want it. You want it. Your coach wants it,” wrote Aldo in a tweet that featured a photo of him holding a burning Joker card (as Aldo often refers to McGregor as “The Joker” of the 145-pound division). “One battle took place but the war is not over! #UFC200.”

As noted, MMAFighting is reporting that contracts have actually been sent to McGregor and Nate Diaz for an immediate rematch between the two at UFC 200 on July 9th in Las Vegas, Nevada.

#AldoMcGregor2 #UFC200
I'm waiting Danawhite 👀

— Jose Aldo Junior (@josealdojunior) March 20, 2016

I want it. You want it. Your coach wants it. One battle took place but the war is not over! #UFC200 pic.twitter.com/kslOseYIQD

— Jose Aldo Junior (@josealdojunior) March 21, 2016