PDA

View Full Version : Charlotte: “We’re Not Divas, We’re Superstars” – Models Herself After Stephanie

Kemo
03-24-2016, 03:47 PM
WWE Divas Champion Charlotte recently spoke with USA Today High School Sports about “Girls Sports Month” and WrestleMania 32.

– It’s an honor having the Divas championship and there is lots of history behind it, but “this is 2016” and she still wants to bring back the Women’s Championship.

– Working as a heel makes it harder to be a role model for young girls, which was a big part of the Divas Revolution.

“I think Stephanie McMahon is who I’m trying mold myself after,” Charlotte said. “She is the biggest villain on TV, but there is no one who is more empowering for women than Stephanie McMahon.”

No matter if she’s portraying a hero or villain, she is athletic and still expects to earn fans’ respect..

– She gets goosebumps just thinking about WrestleMania. She sees the Divas championship match at WrestleMania as the big payoff for everything that’s happened in the women’s division over the past year.

– Not only does she want to get rid of the Divas championship belt, but she also sounds sick of the Divas moniker entirely.

“I’m hoping we’ll get the time and and be able to show the world on the grandest stage that we’re not divas, we’re superstars. This is an opportunity to treat women as women at WrestleMania and we’re going to steal the show.”

o68LJw8sz0w