PDA

View Full Version : AJ Styles Interview: Not Using Styles Clash In WWE, Nakamura’s Debut & More

Kemo
03-30-2016, 05:13 PM
d_3tLAtdHjY

AJ Styles spoke with Nick Schwartz of Fox Sports this week promote WrestleMania. Many fans have wondered why Styles is not using Styles Clash as his finisher in WWE. There’s been speculation that the move was formally banned for being too dangerous, but AJ sets the record straight:

“I think that a lot of people think the Styles Clash is banned, you can’t do that anymore,” he said. “It’s not necessarily that, there’s some guys that are just too big to get that in. The roster of the WWE is a big roster, so you have to improvise – but part of being an entertainer is that you’ve got to be able to adapt to every situation and be able to hit stuff on guys or are bigger than you or smaller than you. For me, it’s not that big of a deal.”

This Friday night at NXT Takeover: Dallas, Shinsuke Nakamura makes his NXT debut against Sami Zayn. Styles worked with Nakamura in New Japan Pro Wrestling, with the two of them putting on a Match of the Year contender back at WrestleKingdom on January 4th. Styles says Nakamura is going to make a huge impact when he arrives and people should not underestimate him because of his flashy persona.

“Shinsuke Nakamura is probably one of the best wrestlers I’ve ever been in the ring with. He’s very unorthodox. Everything he does is with knockout power. He’s a guy who is very flamboyant so don’t let his Michael Jackson antics fool you, this guy is deadly. He will knock you out. [He’s a] great athlete, can’t say enough great things about him. I know personally how good he is.”

As for his top goal in WWE, AJ said of course he wants to main event WrestleMania one day, but the thing he wants most is respect from his peers.

AJ Styles makes his WrestleMania debut this Sunday against Chris Jericho.