PDA

View Full Version : John Cena Talks About Challenging Himself & Branching Out With “American Grit”

Kemo
04-15-2016, 03:40 PM
cF22rABl-Gk

John Cena spoke with Zap2It.com this week to promote Thursday night’s premiere of American Grit on FOX.

As WWE’s showcase talent for the the past decade, Cena has reached a massive global audience. As he ventures into different branches of the entertainment industry (movies, television), the 15-time World Champion acknowledges that “American Grit” is a chance for new and existing fans to see him in a new light.

“Yeah. You’re always trying to reach as many eyes as you can, especially when you have a product that you feel is entertaining. When folks see this, though, they will focus on the “cadre” [the military-veteran mentors] and the competitors.”

Cena also spoke with Entertainment Weekly about the challenge for him to go outside his comfort zone for these non-wrestling projects.

“It’s just being able to take that leap of faith into doing interesting things and new projects that normally wouldn’t be on the menu for someone like me. Being able to swing in and host the Today show when they call me, it certainly is a new experience that I have a lot of fun with, and it’s different than being in the middle of the ring in Monday Night Raw. I’m becoming less reserved about going for it if the opportunity presents itself.”

Catch American Grit Thursday nights on FOX. For more information, visit FOX.com.