PDA

View Full Version : John Cena Cleared To Return On Memorial Day Episode of Raw

Kemo
04-25-2016, 06:51 PM
John Cena just tweeted this:

They said the surgery recovery time is 9 months, but I’m ready to go in 5. This #MemorialDay Cena is back on #Raw. #NeverGiveUp

— John Cena (@JohnCena) April 25, 2016

Cena has technically been out since the start of the year with a shoulder injury, but when he got hurt, he had just returned from his hiatus to shoot “American Grit.” While this is more specific than before, it’s not the first time Cena has claimed to have been cleared. During WrestleMania week, Cena had claimed in an interview with Thomas Golianopoulos for Complex that he was cleared:

How close are you to returning to the ring?

If you ask me today, I should’ve been back two weeks ago. I’ve logged almost 400 hours of physical therapy. I got 111 visits in 12 weeks time. I go every single second I can. People say I have a Wolverine-like style of recovery. I was given a nine month quota to come back and after three months I can tell you that I am ready to do anything asked of me possible. It’s a matter of when they call me.

Are you medically cleared?

Yes.

Obviously, that turned out to be not quite true. He was cleared to do what he did during The Rock’s segment at WrestleMania 32, but not to return to taking bumps in actual matches. The new claim is specific enough that it seems like he’s telling the truth, but there’s reason to take it with a grain of salt.