PDA

View Full Version : Mick Foley Comments On Chyna Getting In The WWE Hall Of Fame

Kemo
04-26-2016, 05:16 PM
For those that witnessed Monday Night Raw last night, the WWE opened the show with a graphic of Chyna under complete silence. Then, nearly two-thirds into the show, the WWE finally aired a tribute video to Chyna, which was very-well done.

The response from the WWE Universe was welcomed, especially after the flack the company got for not making Chyna’s recovery a priority in the darker days of her life.

After complaints about how the WWE wouldn’t even mention Chyna, the new conversations is beginning Chyna not getting into the WWE Hall of Fame. While that’s still several months away, it’s only a hot topic right now because she passed away.

While being inducted into the WWE Hall of Fame is a huge honor, it doesn’t define the wrestler. That’s what Mick Foley said on his Facebook page when asked if Chyna should be inducted next year.

“Joanie”, I said. “Being inducted into the Hall of Fame was one of the greatest nights of my life – but it doesn’t define me. Don’t let it define you. You’re a legend in our business, no one can ever take away from you the things you’ve done. Don’t let anyone have the power to tell you whether or not your career was worthy of the Hall of Fame. It was! There will never be another Chyna”

So next year, when the announcements are made, if Chyna is not an inductee, don’t be sad. The real Hall of Fame is inside all of us. It’s a Hall of Fame based on the way superstars made us feel, the smiles they produced, the memories they created for us, the legacies they forged that will stand the test of time. By that standard, Joanie Laurer – Chyna; the 9th Wonder of the World was inducted into the Hall that really matters – our hall of memories – a long, long time ago.

Is the Hardcore Legend right? As an inductee into the WWE Hall of Fame, he has every right to comment on this situation.

Whether Chyna gets inducted or not, that doesn’t take away from the impact she had on the WWE, as well as women in pro wrestling.