PDA

View Full Version : Seth Green Talks Camp WWE, Working with Vince McMahon & More

Kemo
05-09-2016, 06:36 PM
fz8ea-6rIKU

Seth Green recently spoke with WWE.com about his new Camp WWE animated series on the WWE Network. After hosting the 2014 Slammy Awards, WWE realized that he had an animation studio and pitched him the concept of Camp WWE. To his understanding, the show was Vince McMahon’s idea. Here are some highlights of what he said about:

How Receptive Mr. McMahon Was To Be Part Of The Show:

“Originally, we had just assumed that we’d have all actors and hadn’t thought that anybody would want to play themselves. But when they proposed the idea of Vince playing Vince, that just gave us a completely different opportunity for the kind of content that we would write. He’s an expert performer for over 30 years and we had no doubt that we could enhance his existing characteristics into absurdity and that he would be an expert at performing it. And we were right. I don’t think people are ready, man.”

If He & Vince Ever Butted Heads During Production:

“You know, he’s easy, man. You don’t have to give Vince McMahon a ton of direction. He’s got natural inclination. Sometimes, I needed to say, “Vince, step on this word a little harder,” or “Hold that beat just a little bit” or tone that down or big that up, but, you know, I’m not teaching him anything.”

When asked if he’s got any storyline ideas ready for a potential second season, Green said that he could see the show going for 10 seasons.

A new episode of Camp WWE premieres tonight on the WWE Network immediately after RAW.