PDA

View Full Version : Jim Ross Comments On Adam Rose’s Arrest & Brooklyn Brawler’s Release

Kemo
05-12-2016, 11:42 AM
Former WWE Executive Vice President of Talent Relations Jim Ross recently commented on Adam Rose’s suspension, and The Brooklyn Brawler’s release from the company. The Hall of Fame announcer wrote in a blog entry that he was surprised to hear the Brawler, real name Steve Lombardi, was released after a 30+ year relationship with WWE. “When I contacted Brawler, he was in good spirits and he was positive which was refreshing,” J.R. wrote.

Ross wrote at length about Adam Rose’s suspension and arrest for domestic disturbance. J.R. stressed that he hopes Rose, real name Ray Leppan, has a “Plan B” for work aside from wrestling.

“When performers have no plan B, they often find themselves in a state of helplessness. For example, what do I do to stay in America, for instance, as in South African Leppan’s situation? What can I now do to provide for my family,” Ross wrote “To eliminate the feeling of hopelessness from a talent’s mind set is a primary reason for having a marketable, Plan B for all sports entertainers. The job does not last forever nor does the money that the job creates.”

J.R. says he doesn’t think the suspended WWE star is a bad person, but that he’s in a bad place. “Ray has a special needs son which in itself should encourage wise decision by the head of the household, but that hasn’t been the case recently,” Ross wrote. “My sincere wish is for the Leppan family to learn from this situation, move on positively and to galvanize with one another. This isn’t about one’s pro wrestling career, but instead, it’s about the head of the household making good decisions and caring for his family.”