PDA

View Full Version : Cena On Shane's Return, New Women's Division

Shootkick Man
05-28-2016, 10:26 PM
WWE Superstar and host of FOX's "American Grit," John Cena recently spoke with IGN to promote a number of projects. Below are some of the highlights from the interview.

On Shane McMahon returning to WWE:

"I was in the company of the “never,” but I guess this goes to Vince McMahon’s old adage, “never say never.” It’s good to have Shane back. I think it’s a renewed energy in not only the program but the audience, as well. Shane’s been really proactive about showing a lot of new faces and I said for a long time that there’s a bunch of talent that was in NXT and it’s good to see them get their chance on WWE Monday night RAW.”

On WWE re-branding the women's division and title:

“You know, the WWE is constantly evolving and if they want to make the move, it seems like an obvious jump. WWE is really focused on empowering the women. They did a wonderful job branding the women as Divas, as Superstars, but I think it’s a company initiative to make them equal to what the men do and [having] the men’s championship and the women’s championship, I think it’s a logical progression.”

LionDen
06-01-2016, 06:30 AM
I have started to wonder if Shanes return is due to Smackdown going live on Tuesdays.