PDA

View Full Version : TNA Executive Reveals Slammiversary Almost Didn’t Happen Without Last Minute Funds

Kemo
06-14-2016, 05:12 PM
TNA Wrestling came perilously close to financial ruin over the weekend. Sunday night’s Slammiversary was on the verge of not taking place, if not for the frantic damage control by TNA Chief Financial Officier Dean Broadhead.

Broadhead posted the following message on his personal Facebook page, revealing that it took more than 80 phone calls to employees, vendors, bankers and lawyers from Thursday through Friday as he tried to secure interim financing to get TNA’s “production trucks to roll” for Slammiversary and this week’s Impact TV tapings. He wrote:

“On Thursday and Friday, I logged over 80 business calls on my cell…attorneys, accountants, vendors, bankers, and employees. Maybe time to retire but maybe not until everything is in the right place. To answer why, I had a 12-hour time frame to secure interim financing so that the production trucks could come – lawyers, bankers, accountants, and owners. Some of them were out of the country. Some were on the west coast and some were on the east coast. That was the reason for all of the calls.”

Broadhead’s savvy financial management is believed to be a major factor in TNA staying afloat the past several years. As noted over the weekend, Billy Corgan is purchasing a minority stake in the company and that cash infusion is what allowed Slammiversary to take place.

TNA dodged a major bullet this weekend, but one has to wonder how many of these ‘close calls’ TNA can afford before disaster strikes.