PDA

View Full Version : Stephen ‘Wonderboy’ Thompson: “I Know I Can Knock Robbie Lawler Out”

Kemo
06-25-2016, 10:35 PM
It looks like Stephen “Wonderboy” Thompson’s confidence is rising following his two most impressive victories inside the Octagon.

Wonderboy spoke with FOX Sports after defeating Rory MacDonald at UFC Fight Night Ottawa earlier this month and made it clear he feels he can knockout current UFC Welterweight Champion Robbie Lawler.

Thompson moved to the number one contender spot at 170 pounds after beating MacDonald and former champion Johny Hendricks in his last two fights.

“I know I can knock Robbie Lawler out,” said Thompson. “He’s going to move forward and he’s going to end up walking into something.”

Wonderboy continued, “I think I am the better striker. He’s the type of guy that stands in front of you, he’s very, very tough. I believe he’s slower than Rory MacDonald. I believe I’m faster than him. The speed is going to be tough for him, and I think the angles are going to be tough for him. But he’s a champion, he’s going to be coming with his ‘A’ game. I need to be ready for the best Robbie Lawler in the world.”

“Just from what I’ve seen in the past from both fighters, Robbie Lawler gets stronger as the fight goes on,” said Thompson. “He breaks a lot of guys mentally that way. When guys are starting to get tired, Robbie Lawler’s just picking it up. Tyron’s the opposite of that.”