PDA

View Full Version : Scott Hall On Why Vince McMahon Refused To Send Him Royalty Checks For Years

Kemo
06-26-2016, 07:14 PM
Scott Hall says that Vince McMahon was so mad at him during the Monday Night Wars that he stopped sending him royalty checks, even though Kevin Nash and other defectors still got theirs. In an interview with The Whig, Hall talks about leaving the WWE for WCW back in the mid-nineties, and says he’s “so happy” to be back with WWE and receiving royalty checks again.

“I got blamed for taking Kev (Kevin Nash) with me,” Hall said of leaving the McMahon empire for WCW. “I didn’t get a royalty check for 15 years, Kev [Nash] still got his… Vince took it personally when I left, to the point where I didn’t get royalties. As soon as I made the decision [to leave], I was dirty on a piss test that was six weeks old. I mean Vince came after me with everything. It was really brutal man.”

Hall explained that at the time Vince McMahon only guaranteed him 10 days of work for the year, and the contract didn’t allow him to work elsewhere during that time.

“Initially, the contracts that the WWE offered was 10 days, 10 matches you were guaranteed in one year,” Hall explained. “10 matches at $150 a match, which means you’re guaranteed $1,500, but you give up everything — you can’t wrestle, or promote, or do an interview or an appearance or anything for anybody but Vince. But he’s only guaranteeing you $1,500. I just didn’t want that contract to roll over, I wanted to talk, but he was furious.”

The Bad Guy revealed that he would have preferred to say with McMahon, but he’s glad the move helped move WWE in a better direction as far as paying talent goes.

“I would have stayed with Vince for less money than I took from (Ted) Turner. I just wanted it guaranteed and Vince just wouldn’t budge on that,” Hall recalled. “Now, guess what? Everybody, the NXT guys, everybody gets guaranteed money. You’re welcome fellas, you’re welcome.”