PDA

View Full Version : Jim Ross Speaks On The Draft & Takes Issue With Something In Recent WWE Matches

Kemo
06-27-2016, 06:25 AM
Jim Ross says the upcoming WWE draft is a great way to bring in viewers for the first live episode of SmackDown on the USA Network next month. The WWE Hall of Famer posted a new blog entry at JRsBarBQ.com where he discusses the impending major change to WWE’s programming, and witnessing the first draft back in 2008.

“The WWE Draft which will facilitate the upcoming brand separation will occur on the first, LIVE Smackdown broadcast on the USA Network on Tuesday July 19. Great marketing idea to get more eyeballs on the first live SmackDown,” Ross wrote. “My memories of the 2008 Draft that emanated from San Antonio are not among the favorites in my career. Wah… Poor me!”

Ross also takes issue with how often wrestlers take the action outside the ring on WWE TV. He says leaving the ring just “for the Hell of it” takes viewers out of the moment, and is a “logical disconnect.”

“To throw someone from the ring or to chase someone down who’s on the outside, I get. But for two or more wrestlers to voluntarily take to the outside to do more of their sensational stunts screams of being illogical and overly “Show Biz,” J.R. wrote.

the madscotsman
06-27-2016, 09:57 AM
I agree with JR why can't the heel just stall or run away if they want to go outside.