PDA

View Full Version : UFC Heavyweight Says He’d Love To Join WWE, Will Speak To Dana White About It

Kemo
07-06-2016, 08:29 PM
UFC heavyweight fighter “Big Country” Roy Nelson says he’d love to join WWE and plans to speak with UFC President Dana White about it.

During an “open workout” media event in Las Vegas earlier this week to promote Thursday’s UFC Fight Night event, Nelson stated that he’d join WWE as soon as he gets the green light from UFC execs.

“I would love to go to WWE,” he said. “But, I think in our contracts we’re not allowed to do that. There are some people who get that little extra leeway. But, now I think everyone is kind of going that way, I might as well try it.”

He added, “I’ll talk to Dana and say, ‘Hey, can we do this?’”

Nelson (21-12) will fight “The Black Beast” Derrick Lewis (15-4) on Thursday night, the first of 3 consecutive fight nights from Vegas that culminates with UFC 200 on Saturday night.

Of course, MMA fighters and pro wrestlers crossing over is nothing new, with Ken Shamrock, Dan Severn, Tank Abbott, Josh Barnett, Bobby Lashley and Brock Lesnar all competing in both arenas.

LionDen
07-09-2016, 03:07 AM
Who wants a bet White says no lol