PDA

View Full Version : Chris Jericho Talks About WWE Using Roman Reigns’ Suspension On TV

Kemo
07-07-2016, 06:44 PM
C6WVOMJkjCs

During a recent interview with The IB Times, Chris Jericho spoke about WWE’s decision to acknowledge Roman Reigns suspension on television. While some may be surprised that WWE acknowledged situation on television as part of the build for Battleground main event, Jericho thinks the company didn’t have much of a choice.

“I think they have to because he’s the top guy in the company and his push over the last few years has been astronomical, and he gets a huge reaction.” Jericho said. “Whether you like him or not, he’s definitely a polarizing figure, and people make noise for him. So I think by acknowledging it, you own it.”

While the exact nature of what led to Reigns’ suspension is still unclear, Jericho somewhat downplayed the wellness policy violation and thinks fans will get over it soon.

“It’s not like the guy shot somebody or robbed a bank or something like that. There was a suspension and in less than two weeks he’s gonna be back and they’ll be one night of people heckling him probably for a bit and then it’s gonna be gone, move onto the next thing. So I think it was a smart move for them to take ownership of it because if you don’t then you’re almost manifesting it to a bigger thing. It’s like you’re trying to hide it, and they’re not trying to hide it. It shows that the wellness policy is 1,000 percent legit. Because if there was anybody they’d try to protect it would be him.”

Roman Reigns returns to WWE at Battleground on July 24th when he’ll face his former Shield brothers Dean Ambrose and Seth Rollins for the WWE Championship in the triple threat main event.

LionDen
07-09-2016, 03:58 AM
I was shocked when Rollins mentioned it on RAW I must admit but Jericho makes sense, now Reigns owns it. I would be very, very surprised if he wins at Battleground LMAO