PDA

View Full Version : Big E Recalls Accidentally Striking AJ Lee On WWE TV

Kemo
07-09-2016, 09:34 PM
vXAHZXMoX8A

New Day member Big E recently spoke about accidentally striking former WWE performer AJ Lee during his ring entrance ago in 2013. The night after WrestleMania 29, Big E was set to take on Daniel Bryan and had AJ and Dolph Ziggler in his corner. On his way down to the ring, Big E swung his hands in the air as a way to prepare for the match and accidentally struck AJ in the chest. The former Diva of the Year took it in stride, glancing at Big E and moving on with the segment without breaking character. While she no sold it, Big E admits that he was very worried for her.

“That was, at the time, probably the most frightening moment in my career,” Big E said in an interview with the Rappler podcast promoting WWE’s tour of Manila, Philippines in September. “It probably still is.”

The reigning WWE Tag Team Champion also said he wasn’t sure where his errant blow caught Lee and was relieved she wasn’t injured.

“I remember swinging back and knowing that I hit her, and I was expecting to turn around, see this tiny woman on the ground in a pool of blood,” he said. “I don’t know what I would have done after that, probably just walk straight to the back. But thankfully, she’s very tough, it ended up hitting her, in, like, her chest or upper torso region, not her face, she was fine. We ended up having a laugh about it later but that could have been really bad, but thankfully, everything’s all good.”