PDA

View Full Version : Bisping On Roach Saying He Turned Down GSP Fight: “Funniest Bullsh*t I’ve Ever Heard

Kemo
07-16-2016, 05:24 PM
By now, everyone has heard the announcement from Georges St-Pierre regarding his desire to return to the fighting world, where he specifically mentioned new UFC Middleweight Champion Michael Bisping as someone that would interest him enough to get back in the Octagon.

For those that missed it, earlier this week legendary boxing trainer Freddie Roach, who has worked off-and-on with GSP in the past, claimed Bisping was offered the fight against the former longtime UFC Welterweight king, but turned it down.

“I do like that fight,” Roach said about his own interest in working with St-Pierre again to help him prepare for his long-awaited Octagon return. “But Bisping said no. I know that fight’s not going to happen.”

Never one to shy away from responding to criticism and/or rumors, “The Count” took to social media this week to react to Roach’s comments. While he made sure to point out that he respects the legendary boxing trainer, who has most famously worked with Manny Pacquiao in recent years, he also didn’t hesitate in saying his comments about turning down an offer to fight St-Pierre was the “funniest bullsh*t [he’s] ever heard.”

After the quick tweet about Roach’s comments being “funny bullsh*t,” the reigning UFC 185-pound champion also posted this reply to a fan who tweeted him about the story.

“I like Freddie Roach,” wrote Bisping. “He must be misinformed. He’s not the type to spread lies. I wasn’t even offered the fight.”

As noted by UFC President Dana White directly to Bisping on the official UFC 200 post-show on FOX Sports 1 this past weekend, UFC has apparently decided on giving the vocal majority of MMA fans the fight they have been asking for, Dan Henderson vs. Bisping 2, in Bisping’s hometown of Manchester, England.

Hahahaha funniest bullshit I've ever heard. https://t.co/ZrXCztWGyV

— michael (@bisping) July 13, 2016

@ngxl87 I like FreddieRoach . He must be misinformed. He's not the type to spread lies. I wasn't even offered the fight.

— michael (@bisping) July 14, 2016