PDA

View Full Version : UFC Lightweight Champion Eddie Alvarez Says He Wants Winner Of McGregor-Diaz 2

Kemo
07-23-2016, 02:59 PM
During his appearance on SiriusXM Rush’s “The Countdown” this week, new UFC Lightweight Champion Eddie Alvarez made his next Octagon preference clear.

Alvarez, the first man to hold a 155-pound title in Bellator and the UFC, made it clear that he wants to fight the winner of the upcoming Conor McGregor vs. Nate Diaz 170-pound rematch, which is scheduled to headline the UFC 202 pay-per-view in less than one month’s time.

“Initially I want the winner of Conor-Nate,” said Alvarez, who won the UFC 155-pound title with a crushing first-round stoppage of Rafael dos Anjos during UFC’s International Fight Week earlier this month. “I would like a big pay-per-view, big money fight. I’m willing to wait for one of them guys. I almost got in a fight with Nate in Mexico City so maybe we can settle our differences, and if Conor happens to win I welcome that fight as well.”

Alvarez continued, “The number one contender in my weight class has fought once in about the last three years or something. So I’m a little nervous about fighting a guy like that who barely shows up to fight. So Conor and Nate, they’re the guys on my radar, one of them I’d really like to get my hands on.”

Nate Diaz vs. Conor McGregor 2 headlines the UFC 202 pay-per-view, which goes down live from the new T-Mobile Arena in Las Vegas, Nevada on Saturday, August 20, 2016.