PDA

View Full Version : BJ Penn Targets November For His Return To The UFC

Kemo
07-29-2016, 04:01 PM
Former champion BJ Penn remains dead-set on competing once again inside the Octagon.

Penn, who has not fought since a 2014 loss to Frankie Edgar, will complete his suspension from the USADA in late September. “The Prodigy” told news outlet KHON2 that he hopes to fight in November and at featherweight once again.

“The fight now should be around November,” Penn said. “That’s when we’re looking to come back, so we’re going to talk to the UFC and 100-percent, we want to get back out there, 145 (pounds), and we’re gonna do this. See where this takes us.

“(The time off for the suspension) definitely could be a positive, because I’ve been away for so long. I’ve been retired for awhile, so give me more time to get in there and train again, so come September, I’ll head up to Albuquerque and get in there with Greg Jackson and all of the top-level guys and see what’s going on.”

UFC 205 is penciled in for New York City on November 12, making it the first card to be held in the state since they legalized MMA.