PDA

View Full Version : Bret Hart Shoots On WWE Creative, Praises Cody Rhodes, Calls Rollins Unsafe Again

Kemo
08-05-2016, 04:10 PM
In the second part of his Forbes interview, WWE Hall of Famer Bret Hart criticized WWE creative and Seth Rollins’ “unsafe” style of work.

When asked about the current WWE product, Hart criticized the creative direction behind their current programming. One thing he specifically took issue with: Too much talking.

“If you watch wrestling, like I do, there’s so much talking,” Hart said. “There’s some twit back there with a pencil behind his ear writing down all these things for wrestlers to say. It all starts to sound the same. There was a difference back in my time, where we all had to make up our own verbiage. So when you watch those interviews, a certain part of you comes out, and that’s what makes those characters so great.”

Hart also said the wrestlers don’t have much time to memorize the scripts they’re given, and says their lines are frequently changed by writers moments before going live.

On the subject of the in-ring talent, Hart credited now-former WWE star Cody Rhodes with being in the same category of “excellence of execution” as him. He didn’t have such high praises for Seth Rollins, who Hart has previously called out for injuring John Cena.

“Every move [Cody Rhodes] does is safe and perfectly executed,” Hart said. “You watch Seth Rollins who they’ve pushed as this huge mega, mega push. I watched him a few months ago, and you can watch it back on YouTube, but he knees John Cena in the face. Just knees him in the face so hard, so recklessly, so dangerously, you can easily kill somebody with a knee like that in the face.”