PDA

View Full Version : WWE To Integrate LGBT Characters, Expanding GLAAD Partnership

Kemo
08-11-2016, 10:45 PM
WWE will soon integrate LGBT (lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender) characters as part of the company’s reaffirmed committed to LGBT inclusivity and storytelling.

While speaking at the Beyond Sport conference in New York City on Wednesday evening, WWE Chief Brand Officer Stephanie McMahon said, “Throughout my life I have grown up knowing gay superstars and executives. It’s always been accepted, but now it’s about getting that message out there.”

The initiative is in conjunction with WWE strengthening its relationship with The Gay & Lesbian Alliance Against Defamation (GLAAD).

“We’ve had GLAAD come in and speak to our entire writing team and give a whole tutorial on sensitivities, the right words, the wrong word [and] why those words matters,” Stephanie explained. “I think that with their guidance and support, we will be able to portray that [LGBT storyline] appropriately.”

Travicity
08-12-2016, 01:21 AM
This could be a good thing and bad. Some fans won't like this and basically forcing or saying these people are gay is offensive. Dalton Castle should be signed.