View Full Version : Pat Patterson Speaks On If Roman Reign’s Suspension Will Hurt His Career, The Rock

Kemo
08-14-2016, 06:25 PM
Pat Patterson recently sat down with Newsweek to promote his new book, Accepted: How the First Gay Superstar Changed WWE,” and was asked about Roman Reigns’ recent suspension. Reigns was suspended on June 21st for violating WWE’s Wellness Policy. Patterson says he doesn’t think the suspension will hurt Reigns’ career.

“Everybody makes mistakes one time or another,” Patterson said. “We all do stupid things at one time or another. We have to be smart… when you’re young you don’t know anything. I think he’ll be alright.”

Patterson also talked about Reigns’ first cousin once-removed, Dwayne “The Rock” Johnson. Patterson says he did not predict that The Rock would go on to become such a big star.

“I used to wrestle his father [Rocky Johnson], and his wife, Ata, was sitting at ringside with the baby — that was the Rock,” Patterson recalled. “He called me because he wanted to break into the business. He must have been 19, 20. I called Vince and said, “You want to see that kid.” After his first movie, he said, “Pat, you’re going to walk the red carpet with me at the premiere.” That made me feel good.”