PDA

View Full Version : Brock Lesnar Tells Bill Goldberg: “You’re Next”

Kemo
08-16-2016, 12:29 AM
On Monday afternoon a video was posted to Brock Lesnar’s official Facebook page featuring the Beast and his Advocate Paul Heyman calling out Bill Goldberg. It has since been taken down. Heyman congratulates Golberg on being a “supporting player” in the upcoming WWE 2K17 video game, which of course features Lesnar on the cover. Lesnar uses Goldberg’s famous catchphrase against him and declares, “Hey Bill, you’re next.”

Maybe it’s simply a promo for WWE 2K17 for a match that will only play out on Playstation and XBox video game systems. As reported earlier, Bill Goldberg will be in New York City for SummerSlam weekend and is scheduled to be backstage at the event. It’s unknown at this point whether or not Goldberg will appear on WWE television as part of his promotional work for WWE 2K17, but it’s interesting to see Goldberg being called out by the man who he defeated in his final WWE match back at WrestleMania 20.

Back in June, WWE posted an interview with Goldberg from behind-the-scenes of his WWE 2K17 commercial. Goldberg was asked if he has one more match left in him after all these years. He replied:

“I’ve got 50 more in me. It just depends on the ability to keep it up to my standards. … I’m 20 to 30 pounds less than what I was because I just don’t need to be that dude with traps from his ears to his shoulders. Would I like to be that guy again? Absolutely. He’s still in there.”

A potential Brock Lesnar vs. Goldberg rematch may seem far fetched. However, with Lesnar under contract, Goldberg expressing an interest in wrestling and now Lesnar calling him out, the marquee battle could theoretically occur.