PDA

View Full Version : Jon Jones: “Expecting To Be Back In Octagon Really Soon”

Kemo
08-16-2016, 02:08 PM
For former UFC light heavyweight champion Jon Jones, it has been a trying year-plus.

Jones, who returned earlier in 2016 to claim the interim title with a decision win over Ovince Saint Preux, was removed from UFC 200 and his long-awaited rematch with Daniel Cormier after failing a pre-fight drug test.

While Jones and his lawyers work to sort all of that mess out, “Bones” has stayed active and continues to train in New Mexico and Jackson-Wink MMA.

Over the weekend, he provided fans with an interesting update to his situation via a private Instagram account:

“How’s it going Bones Jones supporters? If there are any of you guys still out there. Just wanted to take a few seconds to say hello to you all and give you a little update on how I’ve been doing. I’ve been doing really good; been training, spending time with family, attacking some of these legal issues that I’ve gotten myself into, trying really to just leave that all behind once and for all.

“I’m sure you guys are curious about what’s going on with this USADA situation. Obviously I can’t get into it because it’s still pending, but what I can say is that we have found out lots of really good news and I am expecting to be back in the Octagon really soon.

“Thank you guys for your continued support. I love you guys and I hope you are spending this Sunday with people that you love. Be good and I hope to see you guys really soon.”